Pediatric Dentistry (Pedodontics) & Orthodontics
Early loss of milk teeth may occur due to various reasons. One of the most important task of milk teeth is guidance for the eruption of permanent teeth. If a baby tooth is lost too early, the permanent tooth loses its guide. It can drift or erupt into the wrong position in the mouth and as a result, dispositions and orthodontic disorders (see Orthodontics) may occur. Therefore, space maintainers are placed on early lost milk teeth regions to prevent dispositions and keep the space open to allow the permanent tooth to erupt and come into place.
Space maintainers are custom-made by a dentist or orthodontist and can be either fixed or removable according to the number and location of early lost milk teeth. They are removed after permanent teeth are visible in the mouth.
- Our Treatments
- Cosmetic Dentistry & Smile Design
- Fixed Dental Prosthesis
- Removable Dental Prosthesis
- Dental Implants & Dental Surgery (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Periodontology (Treatment of Gum Diseases)
- Pediatric Dentistry (Pedodontics) & Orthodontics