Periodontology (Treatment of Gum Diseases)
Scaling (Teeth Cleaning) and Root Planning
The aim of scaling is to eliminate dental calculus that is a form of hardened dental plaque caused by precipitation of minerals from saliva (see Oral Hygiene). Dental calculus can accumulate not only on the teeth, but also between tooth-gingiva and on tooth roots, which causes gum diseases and gingival recession in time (see Gingival Recession).
Calculus that builds up on the surface of the tooth roots has to be mechanically removed by the dentist. Cleaning of dental calculus from the root surfaces by the dentist is called "Root Planning".
- Our Treatments
- Cosmetic Dentistry & Smile Design
- Fixed Dental Prosthesis
- Removable Dental Prosthesis
- Dental Implants & Dental Surgery (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Periodontology (Treatment of Gum Diseases)
- Pediatric Dentistry (Pedodontics) & Orthodontics